It is no longer news that Praiz was arrested by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad on Tuesday, December 19, 2017, in Lagos
All you need to know about the arrest of soul singer, Praiz by SARS
Even though the police claimed he was arrested because he was driving at top speed and was recording the arrest while screaming on top of his voice, Praiz claimed he had his phone smashed by the officers.
We bring to you five things you need to know about the singer’s arrest.
1. Praiz was on his way to the end of year party organised by this record label, X3M Music, when he was pulled over by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) for alleged driving above the speed limit.
2. In the process of a heated argument with the officers, it was reported that his phone got smashed by the officers because he took it out to record what he perceived to be harassment.
3. Praiz was finally arrested and taken into police custody at the Ajah Police Station where he was detained briefly.
4. The spokesperson for the Lagos State Police Command, SP Chike Oti, later made a statement concerning the arrest stating that the police only wanted to search his car because of the unusual speed at which he drove.
5. After his release, Praiz made an unofficial statement via his Instagram page where he prayed that the Nigerian Police Force gets a deep reform and sensitization.