Industries Safety Nigeria Ltd (Safety Nigeria) is Nigeria’s largest online industrial safety and marine equipment distribution company. As a privately held company established since 2000, Safety Nigeria has established itself as the premier and most sought after online retailers and wholesalers of industrial safety products in Nigeria.Over the years the company has built a unique and uncommon brand, which is instantly recognizable, while providing outstanding procurement, supply, installation and maintenance services on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Marine Equipment, Fire Fighting Equipment, Power & Hand Tools, Oil & Technical Tools, First Aid & Medical Emergency Equipment, Traffic&Security Equipment, Industrial Chemicals, and Janitorial Equipment to different sectors of the Nigerian Economy.
In pursuit of its vision, Safety Nigeria is expanding across West Africa in a bid to increase its market share. To achieve this, Safety Nigeria is looking for the raw talents who can thrive in a diverse workplace that drives innovation and collaboration.
Here in Safety Nigeria, we work with you to build an exciting professional career that matches prospects for our mutual prosperity. We are offering bright, ambitious graduates unique opportunity to work where they can generate ground-breaking ideas and collaborate with like-minded partners to challenge the status quo and transform our business, operations, culture, sales and productivity.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too. Then you have a career here
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Office Secretary
Job Location: Port-Harcourt
Job Type Full Time
Appointment type: Permanent for Full time
This is a secretarial position of an administrative nature, involving responsibility for general departmental management. Employees in this class perform a variety of complex secretarial/clerical, and administrative duties requiring comprehensive knowledge of the company program. The administrative secretary exercises independent judgement and action, including making frequent decisions in accordance with delegated responsibilities from assigned supervisor.
- Receive, direct and replay telephone messages and mails
- Maintaining all personal and professional files, ensuring that a comprehensive filing system is in place
- Type and transcribe confidential documents
- Taking dictation on various matters
- Attending to and monitoring enquiries and issues, ensuring that they are brought to the MD’s direct attention and where necessary, referring matters to the appropriate staff for action
- Receive and screen visitors and telephone calls, take messages, schedule appointments
- Liaising with relevant individuals, external organizations, etc to arrange meetings and prepare agendas
- Managing all incoming and outgoing correspondence, i.e., sort and read mails, draft responses, maintain network database.
- Typing and dispatching of all correspondence as instructed
- Organising and maintaining MD’s diary as well as scheduling appointments for MD
- Maintaining confidentiality, recording and filing system for the MD’s office
The Job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer.
Basic Job Requirements/Qualification:
Minimum of two (2) years experience
Passionate about secretarial duties.
- Completed Tertiary Education (HND, B.Sc, e.t.c) in Secretarial Administration or any related field.
- A high-performance academic track record (Added Advantage)
- Completed National Youth Service
- Candidate must be computer literate and be able to draft simple correspondence and handle office administration.
- Must be good in Microsoft office especially Word & Excel.
- Must have good communications skills.
- Must be able to follow up customer’s requests.
- Ability to self manage
- Ability to Prioritise
- Ability to manage workload under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Remain calm under trying circumstances and work with frequent interruptions
- Skill and knowledge in the operation, use and care of office equipment
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a variety of situations
- Personal capabilities which are critical to the production of quality outputs are:
- Ability to work unsupervised or with supervision is important.
- Good Looking (Female Preferably)
- Ability to read and write
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A dynamic person with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use judgement and make decisions
- Effective control of financial resources
- Is a role model for the team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Passion about web design
- Team spirited
- Strong IT skills is a necessity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Click on the “APPLY” button now
Qualified candidates will be notified via emails and text messages for an interview
For more information about the Indusries Safety Nigeria Recruitment, always visit: careers.safetynigeria.com